OpenEvsys, shorthand for Open Events System, was an open-source database application developed by HURIDOCS. Built on the Events Standard Formats for recording human rights violations and the “who did what to whom” data model, OpenEvsys allowed for:
- recording, browsing and retrieving information on victims, perpetrators and instances of violations
- analysing data, browsing reports and discerning trends and patterns of abuse
- creating charts and maps to visualise data
- managing and tracking interventions, such as medical and legal aid
- securely storing related documents like testimonies, affidavits and audiovisual files
In 2020, HURIDOCS made the difficult decision to sunset Casebox in favour of expanding our database application Uwazi to meet this need. Read the announcement here.