HURIDOCS is honoured that Okta’s social impact programme Okta for Good selected our Deputy Executive Director Nancy Yu as one of its next cohort of Nonprofit Technology Fellows.
Okta for Good aims to strengthen the connections between people, technology and community and launched the Nonprofit Technology Initiative, as Okta believes that technology is essential for nonprofits to be as powerful as their missions.
The Nonprofit Technology Fellowship was launched in 2021 to empower rising nonprofit technology leaders to enrich the field with their diversity and experience while becoming more effective in their strategic leadership within their organisations.
During the six-month fellowship, fellows are to develop at least one piece of significant content related to themes dealing with advocacy, cloud computing, digital transformation, security, collaboration, and racial justice and equity. In addition to a $25,000 grant towards their organisations, fellows will also receive professional development support through facilitated gatherings, one-on-one coaching, and networking.
Fellows were selected through a transparent and equitable process and were chosen based on criteria such as authenticity, organisational leadership, sectoral leadership, self-awareness, and commitment.
The next cohort of Nonprofit Technology Fellows are:
- Patrick Anyanga – Chief Technology Officer, Afya Pamoja
- Michael Boeglin – Chief Information Officer, Mercy Corps
- Poesy Chen – Innovation Director, Mobile Pathways
- Virginia Dotson – Senior Director of Data, Business and Information Technology, University Settlement Society of New York
- Scott MacDonald – Lead Engineer, Callisto
- Melanie Meyer – Director, Nonprofit Technology Solutions, Tech Impact
- Joel Urbanowicz – Senior Director for Digital Workplace Services, Catholic Relief Services
- Nancy Yu – Deputy Executive Director, HURIDOCS (Human Rights Information and Documentation Systems)
Congratulations to all the fellows and their organisations! HURIDOCS is grateful to Okta for its commitment to accelerate and support the impact of nonprofits through the use of technology.